Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is a PG Post! August 11th, 2008

So today was my first pediatrics visit with one of the kids. Keira had been complaining of itching and burning down under (this is the first PG part) the past 2 days, so Edwin made an appointment for her to see the doctor. We all decided to go and just run errands and grab lunch afterwards. We all watched Alvin and the Chipmunks (a family favorite; "dave likes to wear; dirty underwear...") as we awaited for her name to be called. After much anticipation and "how much longer", we all entered the tiny patient room. I took Keira into the bathroom to help her pee into the little cup they gave us (to check and diagnose a urinary track infection). No pee; she couldn't go. We went back into her room and she chugged a glass of water, and we tried it again. Still, no pee. After another glass of water, we ventured back into the bathroom for the third visit. Third times a charm, right? (The next PG part is coming). I was holding the pee cup underneath her in the toilet when all of a sudden, she pooped on me! Not only did she poop on my hand and the pee cup, but she smiled and said "I did it!" No Keira, I need you to PEE! She eventually filled a cup after another glass of water and our fourth trip to the bathroom. And you better believe I told her not to poop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment