Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not keeping house

Yesterday I dabbled into craftiness, instead of keeping house. Of course I have 4 loads of laundry I'm currently doing, because of that! I had a fun day though, and here are some pictures of my efforts! Visit the Nesting Place, for other quick design ideas! She's hosting a 10 minute re design party. 

This is the top of Keira's dresser.  I re covered the lamp and made the picture frames yesterday. A while ago, I hung this mirror and added the pink candle in the Pottery Barn vase. Lamp and picture frame re-do's- all for $5! I would actually LOVE to purchase a really nice pink and brown lamp from pottery barn, but its just not what I want to spend the money on! Feel free to put that on your gift list for me, though...ha!

Here's a close up of one of the picture frames. This is Keira and her cousin, Zane, about 2 years ago. I'll probably think the decor is ghetto and not like it in a few months, but I like it for now! Plus, I had all the materials already, so it didnt really cost me anything to change it!  Besides, I'm a woman and its my prerogative to change my mind! 

Isn't this pretty?! I think so
The pink fringe fabric that's on the lamp and picture frames, was on sale at Hobby Lobby for $2/yard. That's all I needed. I purchased some rolls of ribbon at Hobby Lobby; they were on sale too.

This is a paint can for Jessica's shower. I got the inspiration HERE. I love it! I'm going to make one for Easter and place Easter eggs inside. Edwin asked, "for what"? For decor!
The paint can is under $3 at Home Depot. The paper is from Michaels (some are $.50 a sheet and some are $.80 a sheet). The ribbon was from Hobby Lobby. I think its cute for a nursery, to put baby wipes or something like that inside. For now, it will just be used as decor for a baby shower. Jessica, if you want to take it with you after the shower, it will cost you $15. ha
And now I must do Laundry. 

19 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! Wow - you have been busy! I love everything that you did! What cute picture frames. And those paint cans are darling!

    Have a great day!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had a crafty day! Those paint cans are my favorite and very cute. They would be great for Easter gifts. I noticed a bookshelf in the background shaped like a house. Where did that come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.....EVERYTHING is so cute!! I don't even know what to comment on first! I want to see it all in person!!
    Girl, you need to get an etsy account and sell your craft! You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those picture frames! Everything looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, everything is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a pretty area! You did a beautiful job!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty things here! I need to tackle a few picture frames and lamps myself. Great job!
    ~Misti

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! My little gals would love that lamp-well, I guess I would too! And the paint can looks great as well! Love all the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on those picture frames, instant "designer" decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I know what to do with all those paint cans we throw away! Great idea! All of it looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the paint can. I didn't realize they were so inexpensive....I gotta try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining in! Love the paint can! I did another comment so if you see two than I'm just insane. I couldn't tell if it went thru.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pink girliness of the room! we just had a little girl a month ago, so I'm enjoying playing with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pink - I love pink. The paint can is so pretty... I just love Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, I love your blog. I love everything you did in Keira's room it's so cute. Oh and the Paint cans are adorable.

    ReplyDelete