Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Nov.3, 08


Tonight I have the pleasure of cooking dinner for my mom! She's in the Houston area for business, so she's going to stay the night with us tonight and head out tomorrow for her meeting! We're excited to see her for a few hours, but of course sad that my dad couldn't join her. They're both planning on coming for a quick weekend visit soon. 
Here's my menu for the week. I haven't been feeling well so its quite possible that I wont be up for cooking the whole week. We'll see. Check out Organized Junkie for more menus and recipes! 

Monday- Chicken Tortilla soup (first time i'll cook for my mom!)
Tuesday- Lantham Stew (layered casserole) 
Wednesday- Kid's choice 
Thursday- Lemon Chicken with parmesan potato coins (didn't have these last week), and baked beans
Friday- We're having some friends over for dinner, so I get to cook for them for the first time! I haven't decided what to cook yet. Maybe King ranch chicken; not sure.
Saturday- Saturday night date night
Sunday- Sausage Spaghetti 

Dessert- marshmallow crescent puffs 

1/2 cup sugar
2 ts. cinnamon
16 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted

2 pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip each marshmallow in melted margarine and roll in cinnamon sugar. Wrap a crescent roll around each marshmallow. Seal completely!!! (this is important) Dip in melted margarine and again in cinnamon sugar. Place in greased muffin tin. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes until brown. You may skip the cinnamon sugar on the crescent roll and drizzle with powdered sugar glaze when done instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment