Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First day of Kindergarten; part one- Aug. 25th, 2008

It's 8:30 am and Kade and Kai are about an hour into their first day of school! It was harder than I expected for a few different reasons. I thought Kai would do fine since he went to a preschool every day last year. I know kingergarten is different and a bigger deal, but I thought he would be more comfortable than he was. Kade was also nervous as its a brand new school with new people for him. Edwin was able to go with me and we walked the boys to their new classrooms, in their new schools.  The morning started off well; we all woke up early to get dressed and eat breakfast. I definitely wasn't super mom this morning with breakfast. Besides Edwin, we're all used to sleeping until we wake up so the alarm clock came quick and early; so Edwin got the boys cereal while I got ready for the day. BUT I did pack the boys their lunch last night and set it aside! Kai asked Edwin why we had to wake up so early, and looked like a deer caught in headlights as he ate his cereal. I felt bad for Keira too, because we had to wake her up and get her dressed too! I"m planning on walking the boys in and taking Kai to his classroom this week, so next week Keira and I will just go in our pajamas and not get out of the car! I wouldnt say it was "dramatic" leaving Kai, but he was definitely upset and didnt want to stay.It didn't help the situation either that another boy was screaming and throwing a tantrum (Edwin and I both think he was autistic though). We just hugged him and kissed him and I reminded him i'd be there to pick him up at the end of the day. We then walked to the other end of the school to take Kade to his classroom and I think he'll be just fine! Here are two pictures that I took this morning. You'll see how the emotions changed from getting in the car to sitting in the classroom. I hope i'll have "more exciting" and positive pictures and updates at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment