Sunday, February 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- Valentine addition!


Here's what the Twitty's are cookin up this week! I haven't been posting the recipes, because it just takes too long to write all the recipes, but I'll send you the recipe if you want it for something! Click here for more menu planning and recipes. 

Monday- Lemon chicken piccata served over rice, and corn on the cob
Tuesday- Breakfast for dinner; eggs, bacon, crescent rolls 
Wednesday-Grilled Chicken, green beans, and steamed broccoli   
Thursday- Hungry Boy Casserole
Friday- Kid's choice 

Saturday- Valentine's Day
Breakfast- heart pancakes (courtesy of Edwin)
lunch-heart grilled cheese sandwiches 
dinner-Valentine heart pasta (courtesy of World Market) 
dessert- peppermint heart cookies 


3 comments:

  1. What chicken piccata recipe do you use? Giada deLaurentiis has the BEST I have ever had on her website! And I must have the peppermint heart cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    I am glad to find your blog. I plan to read it tonight......yes my kids eat what I fix. I have served them from the table, whatever I fixed for meals as soon as they were able to eat table food. Every once in a while I may fix something extra spicy....I will include mac and cheese as part of the meal so they can eat just that, but they don't feel like I fixed something just for them. I encourage them to take one bite of everything, but do not enforce this. They just like to eat! And they will try anything!
    The Italian chicken is just chicken breasts covered with pasta sauce and baked for one hour. During the last 10 minutes of baking, I cover the chicken with mozzarella cheese. I serve it all over pasta. Oh, I season the breasts with garlic salt and Italian seasoning before baking. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle -

    Wow - I want to come over to your house for dinner - YUM! Your family picture is so beautiful - what a cute family you have.

    Thanks for coming over to my blog. Yours is wonderful! I can't wait to read more!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete