Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Edwin on a mancation- April 14th, 2008

So this past weekend Edwin went out of town on a "mancation" with 5 other guys. My mom flew in as Edwin hit the road on Thursday, just in time for Kai's baseball game.  I contemplated getting a babysitter on friday so my mom and I could hang out; however, I thought it was a good opportunity to be the only parent and take advantage of the time I had to build with the kids. My mom also wanted to be involved and see a "day in the life of michelle". I went about my normal routine; waking up at 6am, getting all the kids dressed, fed, and ready for school, and picking up from school. I'm pretty sure my mom said, "Michelle, i'm tired" at one point! Friday night during the night, Kai crawled in bed with me because he was cold, and couldn't figure out how to get his comforter back on his bed. Once the morning hit and he woke up, he crawled out of bed to tune into morning cartoons.  Not five minutes later, Keira crawled into bed with me and layed for a little bit until she was ready to wake up. Then Kade came in and layed down for a little bit as well.
In the end, the kids were all really good and I had a great weekend with them and my mom. 












No comments:

Post a Comment