Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Menu plan Monday and decorating for Christmas!



Apparently I forget to blog during the holiday's! My blogging and cooking schedule gets all out of wack when Edwin and the kids are home all week! I must say, I am looking forward to cooking again this week.  My parents are coming to visit us this weekend, and it will be the first time my dad has come to see us in Houston! I"m really excited to spend time with them, and cook for them on Friday. Here's what's on the schedule for this week. Don't forget to check out OrgJunkie for more menu planning and recipe ideas. 

Monday- Lanthum Stew (layered Casserole)
(for the kids- Chicken citrus kabobs)
Tuesday- Sausage rotini pasta
Wednesday- Kid's choice then church
Thursday- Crock pot brown sugar chicken (didn't make this last time), parmesan potato rounds, and green beans 
Friday- Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots 

Chicken citrus kabobs- I'm combining a few different recipes, and just trying to put some simple foods on a stick for the kids! I'm using chicken, biscuits, broccoli, and oranges. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but here's the recipe for the citrus glaze:
1/4 cup bbq sacue
2 TBL lemon juice
2 TBL soy sauce
2 TBL honey

In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and brush on food. 

The day after Thanksgiving we decorated our house for Christmas. Our tree makes me smile. I saw a table setting from pottery barn that I really loved, but obviously their decor is super expensive! I went to hobby lobby to re create it and also picked up a few smaller items at Pottery barn. I really like it! Here are a few pictures of our decorating day. 
the stockings hung on the stairs with care...
tada; my branchy table. You can't really see the tree candles too well because they're white; I may end up changing this a little

stuff everywhere...
Fluffing the tree...
ignore the picture on the wall that's hung by the store hooks! The left vase is from Pottery Barn and filled with sparkly pine cones. I think I want to get some garland or something to add to this...
the finished tree and cleaned room...

No comments:

Post a Comment