Friday, March 13, 2009

Ramblings of a mad sister in law


Before I start my rant and ramblings in my dear sister in law's defense, may I introduce you to our fireplace... (I had to blur out my pink undies. Wow, my tush doesn't look so good from this angle) 

Our chimney was fixed yesterday (it was tossed in our backyard from Hurricane Ike), and the chimney dude had to check out our fireplace first. Our fireplace isn't much to look at, so we had our TV armoire in front of it! We rearranged our family room a little bit, to display the awesomeness of our fireplace. Edwin made a quick run to the store and surprised me with a fire! I"m ALWAYS cold and sat in front of the fireplace all night! 

So; my ramblings of a mad sister in law... my poor sister in law, Jessica, was supposed to be induced on WEDNESDAY. She had to call the hospital at 7am (and not eat at all), to see if the dr. was able to induce her, and was told to call back every 2 hours. Finally at 1pm, she was hungry and faint and was told to call at 5:30 am the next morning. She awoke early and called the hospital at 5:30am, only to be told to continue calling back (and still without eating). At 2 in the afternoon, she called the hospital and basically said she was about to pass out and needed to know if they were going to take the dagum baby or not! She went ahead and ate, and was told to call this morning at 5:30 am, AGAIN, and that she'd probably be able to go into the hospital by 7. Well, what do you know?! She was told to call back at 10am today! Are you serious?! I"m so mad for her! She's tired, she's having contractions, she's hungry, she's faint, and the dr. told her she'd have the baby on Wednesday! Hop on over to her blog and her husbands, to read their own ramblings and rants about the process so far. Please pray for her and the family today! I'll keep you posted when my dear niece will be born, and we'll all welcome Quinn Abigail Chandler into the world! 

2 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel. I keep checking the blog and just can't believe it. I thought maybe today I'd get a phone call, but maybe Quinn has her own agenda. Most little girls do, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your poor sister-in-law! I went through a similar situation with my second baby. It was so hard and frustrating. I will be praying that everything works out and happens today!

    I love sitting in front of the fire. I am ALWAYS cold. I don't know what I would do without it. (it's a gas one though - but very toasty).

    Have a great day!

    XOXOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete