Yes, I realize today is Monday, but I"m posting a little early, because Tuesdays are busy for me!
Everybody has those "things", they feel they can't live without. Over at Simply Sweet Life, has put together Top 10 Tuesdays. This week, the challenge was to make a list of your 10 essential items, you can't live without. My first thought was, I dont know if I can come up with 10! Maybe a top 5?! But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was an opportunity to ponder over the things I love and desire most. And certainly I could come up with 10!
If I were stuck on an island, what are the 10 things I would most want with me?
Let me begin by saying, some things on my list are simple. Its the simple things people! I'm not trying to say my relationship with the Lord isn't important, and that a bible or devotional didnt make my list. I"m merely saying I'm trying to be honest, and if I"m being honest, there are a lot of other things that come to my mind as well.
So let us begin! In no particular order...
1. Caffiene: Coke and Sweet Tea (no further description necessary!)
2. Clothes and Shoes (that's kinda essential eh?!)
3. My husband (I would NOT want to be stranded on an island alone. All the things that go bump in the night?! shiver. I would need my husband! And if we're stranded on an island, it might be up to us to repopulate!)
4. My children (they are life.)
5. My parents (I mean, they've been in my life for almost 30 years now. They're pretty essential to me)
6. A bible, devotional, and journal (is this cheating to lump it all together?!)
7. Some kind of chocolate (FOR SURE)
Is there a mall or target on this island? I kid, I kid
8. Family (my siblings and inlaws. They have such an influence in my life, and in my children's lives. I cannot imagine or picture life without them. really. And I'm sad that we dont live near all of them, but thankful we're close to some!)
9. Friends (I'm super horrible at staying in touch with long distance friends. really. I always have been. Life keeps moving and I move with it. I always seperate myself from my different walks of life, and I wish that wasn't true. BUT life is not life without fellowship, friendship, and accountability. I have been so thankful for having this in my life, and the friends God has given me.
10.umm; can I say my Iphone? I just did. There; I said it. My Iphone. I use google maps all the time! solitaire! Angry Birds! Twitter! Gmail! You get the point.
So there's my list. Some serious, some silly. They all encompas what make up my life, or what SHOULD make up my life. Certainly chocolate and sweet tea are not life or death essentials, but they are wants and likes, and sometimes those just gotta make the list.
What are your top 10 essentials?