Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 38; partial bed rest


Sorry the picture isn't great; I just took it with my phone.

My dr.'s appointment yesterday went well, and Im still progressing a little bit. Any progress with 2 weeks left is encouraging! My weight is climbing a little higher than
1. I wanted
2. was projected

My doctor didnt say anything, so she must not be worried about it. My appetite is normal so I know Im not overeating or anything! Must be all that water retention :)

Speaking of; my feet are huge. I have the Koolaid man's feet. My blood pressure was normal yesterday, but my doctor did say "wow" when she looked at my feet! Thanks.

Today I noticed the swelling was even more significant, and is moving up my calf. Its actually a bit sore/painful to the touch and leaves an indention when I push in with my finger (isnt that neat?!) SOOOOOOO being a first time prego and all, I called my doctor.
Me- Yes, I was just there yesterday but I'm really puffy!

My doctor told me I need to stay off my feet (there's the self diagnosed bed rest part). Obviously, swelling is normal; but they want me to take it easy and not do as much as I'm doing. AND call if I start getting headaches or blurred vision (which is preeclampsia stuff)

Do they know how difficult that is?! Stay off my feet?!

Doctor's are confusing:
*Walk around a lot and still get plenty of exercise! Walking can kick start labor!
*Stay off your feet! Rest!

I dont like to feel helpless or even ask for help. Sometimes you HAVE to get help, but I always feel bad when I ask. I feel guilty sitting in my glider, when I know the laundry needs to be done. I feel guilty that Im sitting in my bed right now with my feet elevated, knowing that Edwin is about to fix dinner. But then again; it feels nice to take it easy right now, with 2 weeks left.

I still dont have a lot to complain about. I've felt pretty good, despite my feet hurting. I've had a bit more "pressure" and some pains this week, but thats all due to the fact that Kase has officially dropped. Im really not too uncomfortable, and as long as I dont have to walk much; Im golden.

It's still difficult to foresee being in labor and actually have Kase. I know one day Im going to have contractions or my water is going to break, but its so weird to think of it actually happening!

I've had all my showers, I've spent some gift cards (saving a lot for diapers and stuff as needed!), my hospital bag is packed, the diaper bag is full, the car seat is installed (booster, carseat, booster, and Kade in the back back! crazy), baby monitor charged and in position.....it's just a waiting game now!

Family- I have field day pictures of Kai and Kade that I"m hoping to post soon! I know ya'll like to see kiddo pictures to stay updated! I'll try to work on it tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. The feet hurting at the end really sucks. I remember walking around Target trying to get final stuff thinking 'I cant walk anymore!' My feet didn't actually swell until two days after my due date (and my left was more apparent than my right). It does go away, but beware... it's not for a few days to a week after delivery. (I thought it would've been gone the next morning. lol)
    Call me if you need/want to chat about any questions/concerns, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like me when I was 38 weeks! All Belly! :)

    Jessica Tenhet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ME SOME NAKED BELLY PICTURES...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! You look soo good...swelling and all. Girl I have told you I looked like the stay puff marshmallow man...and one day I will find you a picture!! love you girl and cant wait to see lil Kase!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so close! As much weight as I gained with my last 3 I never did have swollen feet except when I broke my ankle.
    It's okay to sit in your glider. The laundry will be there later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the waiting game just so nerve-wracking?! The day I went into labor was just like any other day-- I even went on a grocery store shopping spree. I hadn't had any contractions at all and then they just suddenly started that night around 7pm and never stopped.

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! Your maternity pics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely relate with the swelling! Mine started around 37 weeks. First it was this massive weight gain for no reason. Then I kept gaining and now my entire body has a squishy layer. Its so gross. When I lay sideways on the couch, every little crease makes a huge indent on my body. Even my lower belly has water retention!! The doctor said its normal and isn't concerned. I can't believe 20lbs of water weight doesn't make her the least bit concerned!!! I'm embarrassed AND concerned!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. best-bed-rest-pillows

    ReplyDelete