Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pregnancy week 37; progress!


wow 3 more weeks!

I had a little bit of progress at my dr apt today, so thats kinda exciting! I know it doesn't really mean much, because your body will naturally "go slow, or quick"!

weight gain- 33 pounds (wow)
I've cut out caffeine and I"m drinking way more water (I'm telling myself that's why I'm continuing to put on weight. Water weight! haha)

I had some maternity pictures taken last Friday afternoon, so I'll post those as soon as I get them! It was a blast!

There are some days that I feel huge, and some days that I feel way too small to deliver. I dont have anything major to complain about. Minor aches and pains here and there, swelling in my feet (I didnt think I would have any, but it happened last week), and a little difficulty with walking as my hips and body are getting ready for labor! I still dont think Im waddling though.


This past weekend I had a lot of out of town family, visiting my parents in Dallas (my dad is the baby of 5, and all his siblings and their spouses flew out for a visit!). I REALLY wanted to be there and see them all, but a last minute trip with 3 kids isn't easy (or appealing).

BUT, I decided at 2pm on Friday to get in the car, and drive 4 hours by myself to my parents cabin, where they were for the weekend (hey; its a shorter drive than going all the way to Dallas!)

I wasn't nervous about randomly going into labor out in the country, I was nervous about driving that far by myself! BUT, with a stop at Bucee's and great encouragement from my husband that I'll be okay, everything was fine! I got there and surprised everyone, and had a great weekend! Its one of those things that I'll look back on, and be really glad I did it!

I didnt tell my dr, so you shouldn't either.

I think that's about it for this week. I have a nightgown and robe packed in my hospital bag, and Keira (5) asked if she gets to wear her robe to the hospital too! Too cute. I told her she's more than welcome to bring her robe when she comes to see Kase.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Michelle! I can tell you're SO excited for this baby!! You will be such a good mommy (just like you already are)! Can't wait to see pictures when he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going right on schedule. I can't wait to see the picture's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed a bit of a waddle...a cute waddle! You're going to do great, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ya'll! I guess it wouldn't be a pregnancy without a little waddle. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to spend time with your family.....I know get-aways for mothers are cherished and few and we had a great time with the K's, which we always love! Kase is definitely growing and getting close for his debut...very exciting! Hope to see you this weekend if I can make it back to Houston.

    ReplyDelete