Tuesday, April 20, 2010

35 week updates

So today was my 35 week check up, and now I go every week! It's really crazy to think I"m THAT close, because I still feel so far away from being in labor.

I have my hospital bag packed, and I guess Im as ready as I can be.

I've felt really good the past few weeks. Energy and everything has been normal. I've been sleeping well, except getting up to use the restroom 2-6 times a night! I know thats a large range; it all depends on how much I drink after dinner! But i'm so thirsty...

My cravings, if you want to call it that, include; cereal, oranges, and watermelon. Not so bad eh?! I love to eat oranges and watermelon, but my stomach has been bothering me. I think I"m eating too much of them.

Today I went for my normal apt, and was surprised that my weight was the same (but maybe not too shocked since I gained 7 pounds last time!) The nurse checked the babies heart rate and it was good and strong; always comforting! Then she measured my belly and it was the same from 2 weeks ago. She said she didnt think my doctor would be concerned, because 1 week of no growth isn't completely abnormal, but she may do an ultrasound to check the baby.

Lovely. Emotions are starting to set in.

The positive side of another ultrasound, was that I got to see the baby again! I saw his heart beating, him breathing, his hand by his head (which is low by the way!), and the assurance that he looked good!

To leave this short; Im going back on Thursday for another ultrasound to have the baby's growth monitored and the amniotic fluid levels checked. I have to drink more water and no more morning cokes.

Maybe I'll buy caffeine free coke, and try to trick my mind.

So I have a lot of out of town family that will be visiting my parents in Dallas the weekend of May 1st. I thought it would be fun to drive and spend the weekend there! I started to make plans and arrangements to go by myself, and even get a hair appointment with my lady there!

But then I realized I would be 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date, and driving to Dallas alone, was probably not the smartest idea. So I punted that idea. Besides, doctors tell you not to leave home after week 36!

I forgot to mention I couldn't get my wedding ring off! I've had ZERO swelling so far, thank goodness, but my knuckles have apparently decided to enlarge. I tried to take my ring off because it was starting to cut my finger, and I couldn't! I tried everything! Drank water, put my hand in ice, used lotion, and sprayed my finger with windex (seriously; somebody told me to try that).
Nothing.

I attempted again yesterday (because Edwin was getting claustrophobic for me!), and it wouldnt budge. FINALLY; after spraying windex on my finger again, it came off with a small fight.

Ouch. It hurt.

And now I feel like people are looking at me like Im a knocked up teenager.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, lots of women can't wear their rings! It's very common, you don't have to explain it to anyone! I hope the baby is doing well, I'm sure things will be fine, just keep your thought positive. :) And puuhlllleeeze ease up on that soda, that stuff is poison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wear my ring either when I was pregnant. I can't believe you're that close! How exciting. Check with your dr...you aren't that far from Dallas and it would probably be okay. I highly recommend enjoying these last few weeks. I always get so impatient to meet the little one that I don't take full advantage of not having a little one just yet.

    ReplyDelete